This December is an historic month in the women’s game, marking 100 years since the FA banned women’s football from its clubs’ stadiums in 1921.
Both the National Football Museum and the Football Supporters’ Association are marking the occasion with a series of stories and events, including this panel discussion featuring a range of vital voices. They’ll discuss its historical relevance and the impact the ban has had on the women’s game to this very day.
(Thursday 2nd December 2021, 7pm-8pm)
We look forward to this Create the Space event, with a panel featuring:
- Belinda Scarlett (curator at the National Football Museum)
- Deborah Dilworth (women’s game lead at the FSA)
- Carol Thomas (former England captain)
- Liz Ward (director of programmes at Stonewall)
- Professor Jean Williams (A History of Women’s Football author)